The Purpose of This Page

This is the place to share reflections, prayers, Scriptures, impressions as we wait on the Lord regarding the Wagner property.

Any specific ideas about design, use, features, etc. should be posted on the Ideas page rather than here.

To post an entry, you can send an email by clicking here. (The subject line will become the title of the post, and the message of the email will become the body of the post.)


Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Fear/Faith

Along this journey, I have prayed, read, fasted and sought the Lord.  I have reveled in the history of the land and the beauty of His creation.  The history of the prophets, martyrs and miracles have become the most familiar of friends.  In all of this, however, I have not truly submitted to what the Lord has for the Greenhouse.  I know this because He has shown me how my fear of what is earthly possible, my limited human fleshed-stained view of how and what may become, has left me in bondage.  This fear, driven by pride and the need to know and do and comprehend without God, without perfect love, is my sin to confess and lay at His feet.  In these wee morning hours, I am free, I am His, and am rejoicing with this prayer for us all:
Almighty God, who of Thine infinite wisdom hast ordained that I should live my life within these narrow bounds of time and circumstance; let me now go forth into the world with a brave and trustful heart.  It has pleased thee to withhold from us a perfect knowledge;therefore deny us not the grace of faith by which we may lay hold of things unseen.  Thou hast given us little power to mold things to our own desires; therefore use Thine own omnipotence to bring Thy desires to pass.  Thou hast willed it through labor and pain we should walk the upward way;be thou then our fellow traveler as we go.
In Jesus' name.
Amen

-- Leslie Stapleton

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.