I've procrastinated making this post. My fear was that it would be received as unsympathetic. However, when the nudging of the Holy Spirit continued, I submitted and here it is. In consideration of Tom's last post regarding fasting (among other things), the Lord has impressed something greatly on my heart and I would like to share. I have too often replaced His best for me with busyness. The cacophony of busyness has drowned out His voice, a quiet echo to my own will. Though I understand delayed obedience is disobedience, I also understand that by His grace, He is not finished with me. After heeding His call to fast, int his busiest of seasons, my heart is overflowing and His voice is symphony. My hope is that you, too, may be encouraged to seek Him wholly as we pray for His plan for The Greenhouse. "Life is hard for most of us; at least, it is hard to live nobly, grandly, purely, Christianly. We can do so only by getting a great deal of help from Christ. We need, therefore, daily to heed His invitation. "Come ye apart." In communion with Him we shall receive strength and blessing to enable us to fulfill our mission of obedience and ministry in His name. We shall rob ourselves, therefore, of Divine anointing and Divine help if we do not make room in our busiest days for quiet retreats from noise and strife-apart from Christ, where we may sit at His feet to hear His words, or lie on His bosom to absorb His spirit, for the refreshing and transforming of our own lives. It is only in the valley of silence with Christ that we can dream the dreams and see the visions which we desire to translate into actual life and character among men. There alone can we get the heavenly inspirations and impulses for holy earthly living. Only in the mount can we be shown the patterns of the sacred things which our hands should fashion in this world." J.R.Miller An unfinished work, Leslie Stapleton |
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.