Becky’s Short Story:
Monday Dec. 5 – Major Spiritual Opposition
Tuesday, Dec. 6 – Joy Bubbles/Gift of Prayer
Today – Believing God
Becky’s Heart Story:
All day Monday both ploys of the enemy and chains from my own brokenness spewed cruel lies, attempting to keep me from participating in our prayer walk. Fortunately, I’ve learned that even if I can’t hear God above the deafening deception, I can run in the opposite direction of the meanness. And so in my less-than spiritual, far from righteous state, I chose to pray at the property because God’s truth trumps!
Tuesday, Dec. 6 Journal:
God, you have gifted me to pray – you have encouraged me in prayer through your faithfulness. You’ve covered the details, anticipated my need. I remember.
Lord, my flesh is weak. Cause me, draw me, gift me, fill me, to pray in the Spirit – believing You. Prayers that come from whispers, nudgings - in accordance with your will. Big, believing prayers to move mountains. Mustard seeds of faith.
When I turned on to Indian Knoll Rd., my breath caught, joy bubbles filled my heart, tears filled my eyes, and I thanked God that He is big enough and good enough – that nothing is impossible for Him.
As we walked the property, I knew God had invited us to something sacred – an invitation to battle in prayer. We’re fighting Goliath – not to gain a home for The Greenhouse but to gain a Kingdom victory. I’m recognizing that God has heard the Wagner’s plea for the use of that land, and He has invited us to join them in the battle – whether it benefits The Greenhouse in the physical realm or not. In the spiritual realm, the invitation to pray in faith has already blessed us.
As we walked the property, I remembered how Abraham responded when God’s Word seemed impossible:
Against all hope, Abraham in hope believed and so became the father of many nations, just as it had been said to him, “So shall your offspring be.” Without weakening in his faith, he faced the fact that his body was as good as dead—since he was about a hundred years old—and that Sarah’s womb was also dead. Yet he did not waver through unbelief regarding the promise of God, but was strengthened in his faith and gave glory to God, being fully persuaded that God had power to do what he had promised. Romans 4:18-21
Although God hasn’t promised to give us the Wagner property, He is able to do exceedingly, abundantly MORE than we can ask or imagine (Ephesians 3:20). May we be absolutely convinced that God can do anything, and may our faith grow stronger, and in this bring glory to God. Thank you, Jesus, for inviting us to believe You for the impossible.
Becky
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.